We are the custodian of data and software used in critical business
processing at UCSD. We are responsible for ensuring that data and software
under our control are adequately protected from loss due to equipment
failure, malicious intent, disasters, etc. We are also responsible for
establishing and maintaining a process which helps ensure
- The integrity of the data and software
- That the data and software are recoverable
- That adequate on-site and off-site storage is provided
All data and software currently under the custodial care of ACT is covered under this policy regardless of hardware or software technology. ACT’s responsibilities are limited to integrity, recoverability and storage.
- ACT Infrastructure Teams are responsible for recoverability from media or equipment failure.
- ACT Infrastructure Teams are responsible for maintaining the integrity of critical elements of the operating systems.
- ACT Database Administration is responsible for maintaining the integrity and recoverability of the production databases.
- ACT Infrastructure Teams are responsible for the recoverability of applications from processing error.
- ACT Infrastructure Teams are responsible for the backup and recoverability of software, applications, and data maintained on the ACT local Area network.
- ACT Telecommunications is responsible for the backup and recoverability of software, applications, and data maintained on all voice, wireless, video, and data communications systems.
Other ACT Policies